Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Curly, Red Tasty Treat


At Hershey Park, you are admitted to rides based on your height.
I was a TWIZZLER!  That made me the second to last height.   Basically, I could get on any ride I wanted. There were a couple I couldn't go on but I wasn't interested in those anyway!
Those big, fancy death machines, I mean, roller coasters were not my style.

TWIZZLERS
According to Wikipedia,


"Twizzlers are a popular brand of fruit-flavored candy in the United States and Canada (often called licorice candy).  They are the product of Y&S Candies, Inc., of Lancaster, PA, now a subsidiary of The Hershey Company.
Since 1999, Twizzlers have been manufactured in Memphis, Tennessee,  in a Y&S plant that also makes chewing gum and other candies. From 1970 through 1999, it was previously manufactured at a plant in Farmington, New Mexico,  but relocated the operation to Memphis because of rising transportation costs."


 In 1845 the original flavor was licorice.  But since the 90s they added flavors:
  • strawberry
  • cherry
  • chocolate
  • watermelon
  • orange
  • lemonade
  • blue raspberry
  • grape
  • limited edition cherry cola
The company started to make different shapes and sizes, too.
  • twists
  • bites
  • nibs
  • pull 'n peel
  • straws (2004)
The company makes two foot long Twizzlers,  also!

They even set a Guinness World Record on July 19, 1998 for the longest Twizzler ever!!
It was 1,200 feet long and it weighed100 pounds.